Monday, April 21, 2014

It's Raining, It's Pouring!

21 April 2014 Chiba

Sisters Hubner, Molinari, Orton, Jensen
I LOVE my new companion. Hubner shimai is great! We made some really awesome goals for this transfer too. My favorites being: ONLY Nihongo (to the best of each of our abilities) outside the apartment and we want to LOVE Mogis by the end of this transfer. Mogis are practice lessons, and other talking instances to help us be less awkward in nihongo haha

Well, in an attempt to feed me everything from under the sea, Shimura San did it again. I   thought a whole fish was bad....but the 8 mini squids we had to eat take the prize. Oh boy....that was an experience!


But I did it!

Eye balls and all!

And when she gave us the whole sardine she had prepared, I ate it with ease; skin, bones and all.

Actually, I thought you just ate the insides and was doing such when Shimura San says " Morinari San, ZENBU" or all. So I then had to eat skin only! It's growing on me. She seasons food so well it doesn't even taste like fish! It's great.

The highlight of the week has probably been the magical increase in my speaking and understanding abilities! The gift of tongues is real! And having a companion who is peda peda is not necessarily a good thing. I never needed to speak now I do. And it's amazing what comes out!


Obviously, I still have a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong ways to go. 


But, I'm feeling hopeful.

Well, that's all I have time for now. Sorry it's so short! 

Here is another picture of the squid we ate...a picture, after all, is worth a thousand words.


Love,

Sister Molinari